A long time ago, i decided to make my own tribute to this genious young man, and share with the world my love for his music and soul. To all of Jeff Buckley fans, with love.

terça-feira, 13 de março de 2012

Some questions

What is this Metro show I keep hearing about?
The Metro is a club in Chicago where Jeff and the band performed in 1995. There is a live video recording of this entire show. It is not commercially available, but there are known bootlegs.

What is the Chocolate/Mojo Pin?
The Chocolate is an introduction to "Mojo Pin" that Jeff sometimes did live. This version of "Mojo Pin (Live at Wetlands)" can be found on the beautiful Japanese Last Goodbye CD single, as well as the Lost Highway promo CD and the Jeff Buckley Live promo. Very sultry! The Chocolate part goes like this:

Love turn me on \ Let me turn you all over with my thumb on your tongue \ Rest your heel on my shoulder \ Your love is like chocolate on the tongue of god \ Love turn me on \ Let me turn you all over with my thumb on your tongue \ Rest your heel on my shoulder \ Your love is like chocolate melting on the tongue of god

How the hell did Jeff get into the IKEA catalog?
If you have the 1998 IKEA catalog and turn to page ninety-two, you will see an Anton Corbijn photo of Jeff in a picture frame on the window sill. I don't know how he got there, but I'm determined to find out.

What bands or artists did Jeff enjoy listening to?
Jeff was nothing if not a great fan of music and musicians. His interests ran the gamut. In addition the his influences, Jeff was also listening to the Red House Painters, Brainiac, The Grifters, The Smiths, American Music Club, Velvet Underground, and countless others.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário