A long time ago, i decided to make my own tribute to this genious young man, and share with the world my love for his music and soul. To all of Jeff Buckley fans, with love.

sexta-feira, 23 de março de 2012

KCRW – Man In The Moon (January 4, 1994)

KCRW – Man In The Moon (January 4, 1994)  RR: Whenever I’ve seen you play here in New York at Sin-é or Fez, people sit there mesmerized.  JB: People weren’t into it at first. I had to fight to be heard. Then I had to stop fighting. Whole months would go by where people would just be talking. I even got a headache from a performance one time.  RR: What changed?  JB: I learned how to use everything in the room as the music. A tune has to resonate with whatever is happening around it. So if people are talking, I let them talk. That just means they’re part of the music. I even had to learn the noise the dishwasher makes at this little cafe; I had to play in B-flat, or it wouldn’t sound right.  RR: I want to talk about another Michael. I read a review that compared your recent EP, Live at Sin-é, with Michael Bolton’s new record.  JB: Oh, my God! Oh, shit, that’s really disgusting!  RR: It gets worse. They said he has succeeded in taking from the tradition of African American soul and blues singers in a way that you have miserably failed.  JB: Really? But the thing is, I’m not taking from that tradition. I don’t want to be black. Michael Bolton desperately wants to be black, black, black. He also sucks.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário